OMG så I nattens storslåede OSCAR show / 89th Academy Awards? Hold nu K… smykkerne var for vilde!! Vi så gigantiske diamantøreringe, store halskæder, lange guldøreringe og ikke mindst skønne tiara’er/headbands – samt lækre mænd med smykker. WOOW det var godt, det var vildt, det var fantastisk!
Jeg har kort samlet nogle af de smukkeste af slagsen – lad dig forføre og læg mærke til, hvordan der ingen tvivl er. Det er og bliver smykkerne der gør forskellen for ethvert look. Forestil dig looket UDEN smykker? Ikke heeeeelt det samme;)
OMG did you watch the stars entering the red carpet at tonights OSCAR show / 89th Academy Awards? WOOW the jewelry was amazing! We saw the most amazing and extravagant diamond earrings, big chokers/necklaces, long golden earrings and not least tiaras/headbands – AND cool jewelry on men. I LOVE IT!
Hereunder I’ve made a list of some of the best trends and looks from the red carpet – look how the jewelry makes the look. Yes the dress is important, but the jewelry MAKE the look.
Chokers – big statement necklaces was seen on some of the greatest stars:
- Karlie Kloss wore an 18k white gold choker set with 38 carats of diamonds from the Nirav Modi Mughal collection)
- Jessica Biel a choker from Tiffany & Co with diamonds, gold and platinum
- Taraji P. Henson wore a statement necklace from the Nirav Modi Luminance collection with diamonds
- Dakota Johnson wore a Cartier vintage statement necklace, matching her golden dress perfect, she almost looked like an Oscar;)
This year we saw a lot of stunning headbands/tiaras – adding a royal twist to the look. It’s the first year we see that many tiara/headbands on the red carpet:
- Salma Hayek wore a diamond laurel leaf headband from Fred Leighton
- Janelle Monae wore $1.5 million worth of Forevermark diamond jewelry – herunder the amazing headband.
- Ruth Regga wore a very beautiful tiara with sourced Mozambican rubies and diamonds from Lorranine Schwartz for Gemfields.
THE GOLDEN ONES
Oooh yes, I really love this look – big golden earrings for a golden/beige dress. We saw quite a few of these looks at the red carpet. Including Emma Stone – who won for Best Actress and almost looked like an Oscar statuette herself….
- Emma Stone wore earrings in platinum and 18k gold with diamonds from Tiffany & Co
- Chrissy Teigen wore earrings in 18k gold with diamonds from Lorraine Schwartz
IF I had to choose, I would choose Charlize Therons earrings as the number ones… OMG they are amazing. She wore a pair of statement earrings by Chopard featuring a 25-carat pear-shaped D-flawless diamond and 26-carat heart-shaped D-flawless diamond, 4.55-carats of pear-shaped diamonds and 4.35-carats of brilliant-cut diamonds set in 18k white gold. Note how the to big drops are asymmetric – adding a perfect edge for so extravagant earrings.
OOH yes, I love when men dare to wear jewelry – and see how cool Pharell Williams rocked a CHANEL necklace with diamonds and black pearls.
For the first year we saw stars wearing items clearly symbolizing what they believe in. We saw the blue ribbon with the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) name on. A union that in january announced it would create a “rapid response team” to help those deported or kept out of the United States following President Donald Trump’s travel ban, which has since been halted by a federal court judge in Washington state. So I think it’s clear who these stars support!
At the Oscars we saw Ruth Negga, Luz Towns-Miranda and Karlie Kloss wearing this blue ribbon for they Oscar look. Quite a statement!
So this was my update on The Oscars – what’s your favourite look?